Rampton's Platinum Jubilee Day
Rampton's Platinum Jubilee Committee are planning a fabulous village day on Sunday 5th June to mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. Queen Elizabeth is the first British Monarch toccelebrate a Platinum Jubilee after 70 years of service. Rampton is marking thischistoric occasion with a day of activities. We hope there is something here for everyone! Everything is free of charge to Rampton villagers with the exception of the Bar and BBQ (run by the Black Horse)
- 10.30 – 11.30 Rounders on the Recreation Ground – an informal fun knockabout. All ages and abilities welcome; turn up and join in!
- 11.00 – 11.30 Entries for Cake Competition to be delivered to the Village Hall. See below for details
- 11.30 – 12.00 Cake viewing in Village Hall
- 12.30 – 14.30 Picnic on the Green, bring your own picnic. Close-up magic by Jamie Segrave
- 13.30 Toast, National Anthem
- 14.00 Results of Cake Competition to be announced
- 14.00 - 15.00 Cakes may be viewed in the Village Hall
- 14.15 – 15.15 Games and fun on the Green for children and consenting adults
- 15.15 – 15.30 Children’s Jubilee Crown Parade; competition to be judged
- 15.30 - 17.00 Teas available with cake and cream at the Village Hall
- 18.00 until late Bar and BBQ available on the Green
- 19.00 – 20.30 Humour, Music and Community Singing in the Village Hall. Presented by Rampton’s own troubadours
- 21.00 – 23.30 Live Music and Dancing on the Village Green with ‘C5’
Cake Competition. Two classes:
- Plain Victoria Sandwich (sponge sandwich with jam filling)
- Four Matching Fairy Cakes, let your imagination run wild!
Please note that after judging and viewing all entries will be served as part of afternoon tea.
Children’s Jubilee Crown Parade. Make your own crown to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee. Maybe you will go for bling or perhaps you will represent events from the Queen’s reign? The choice is yours!
Games on the Green Traditional fete games and some newer challenges. We will open some classes to adults. Be warned; there is a risk some
competitors may get quite wet!!
Drinks and Food will be available for purchase on the Village Green. Prepared by Spencer and Laura (from The Black Horse) from 6pm ‘til late.
The day’s events have been organised and funded by the Rampton ‘77 Committee, the Village Hall Management Committee, Rampton Horse Show, the Rampton Fairies, the Friends of Rampton Church,
RampArts, countless villagers, Rampton Parish Council and Rampton Craft Group.